What Are the Best Vape Mods?
We might just be living in the vape mod Renaissance right now.
In the last couple of years, vape mods have progressed from working objects to works of functional art. Where once the selection was pretty standard, these days you can find mods in a dizzying array of colors, sizes, shapes, wattage, and designs.
Of course, with so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the right mod. To reduce decision fatigue, we’ve done the heavy lifting and created a roundup of some of the best mods on the market today. They’re listed alphabetically here.
Ready to find your new favorite vape mod? In this post, you’ll get an in-depth analysis of the most popular mods available. We’ll look at the pros and cons of each, and discuss their features.
What is a Vape Mod?
First, let's get straight on what a vape mod is and how it’s different from other personal vaping devices.
A vape mod (that’s short for “modification,” by the way) is a personal vaping device that is highly customizable.
The level of customization means that the features will vary by device. However, they tend to have bigger batteries and/or tanks, so they’re typically going to be bigger in size than the average e-cigarette, pod system, or vape pen.
Vape mods are prized for their higher vapor production and advanced features. The high level of customization allows you to personalize the device to suit your needs, experience, and personality.
There are many different types of vape mods, but most will fall into two categories: regulated and unregulated. Let’s talk about the differences:
Regulated Mods: These are devices that have a circuit board/safety protections, which helps with current/power flow regulation. Most box mods are regulated.
Unregulated Mods: These mods don’t contain a circuit board and do not offer any safety protections. Examples of unregulated mods are mechanical mods and some semi-mechanical mods. When using any type of unregulated mod, make sure you understand battery safety and take extra safety precautions.
What’s the Difference Between a Vape Pen and a Vape Mod?
The key differences between a vape pen and a vape mod? Size and customization.
- A vape pen is a smaller, more compact vape device. It’s long and thin, and can’t really be altered.
- A vape mod is a highly customizable vape device. Typically, it has a bigger battery, which makes it bigger than the average vape pen.
The Best Vape Mods on the Market
There’s a huge variety of vape mods on the market, from simple devices that are well suited to beginners to advanced mods with luxe details like light shows and intricate engravings.
This guide covers a wide range of different mods, including a variety of different features and price points. So no matter what your level, there’s probably one on this list that will work for you!
Dovpo Basium Squonk 180W Mod
Looking for a sleek and user-friendly mod? The Dovpo Basium Squonk 180W mod might be the perfect choice.
This compact device features an elegant body, variable voltage settings, a small (less than an inch) display screen, and a large firing button. Two smaller buttons under the display can be used to navigate the menu options.
This device is a great value for the price, and it’s great for everyday use. No, you won’t get light displays or super luxe touches, but if you’re looking for a functional, easy-to-use device, this mod’s got you covered.
- Pros: Very user friendly; variable voltage settings; compact; ideal for everyday use.
- Cons: Very small display screen may be hard to read; due to compact size, RDAs larger than 25mm will overhang.
- Ideal for: Beginning vapers or those looking for a sleek mod for everyday use.
Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200W Mod
The Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200W Mod is one of our most popular vape devices, and with plenty of good reason.
Let’s start with the name. “Aegis” means “shield,” and this is very appropriate to describe this tough-as-nails vape device.
The military-grade design features IP67 dust and water resistance; dust doesn’t penetrate this device, and it’s also safe for up to 30 minutes in up to one meter of water. It’s also sturdier than the average vape device, and is able to absorb shocks and bumps with ease.
In terms of tech, this vape device is fully loaded. The double-locking enclosure fits two batteries, giving you 200W of pure vape power. A bright, full-color display lets you monitor all of your settings easily, and a USB charging port helps you keep it charged on the go!
- Pros: Extremely durable design; loaded with sophisticated features.
- Cons: The features may be advanced for beginners; batteries not included.
- Ideal for: Vapers on the go who want a sturdy, advanced device.
Purge Mods Suicide King Mechanical Squonk Mod
For those who believe that all that glitters is gold, this is the mod for you. This compact yet sturdy mod has a shiny naval brass body and features intricate engravings that make for an extremely impressive presentation.
But it’s not just a looker. It’s also loaded with features that allow for plenty of personalization. First, you can use either 20700 or 18650 batteries (not included), which means you’re not limited to just one option. It also comes with a soft silicone squonk bottle, which is one of the strongest materials for bottles--and allows for easy refills.
It’s got plenty of nice detailing too, including a brass firing switch and 24k gold-plated battery contacts.
Luxury like this doesn’t necessarily come cheap, but you get what you pay for. Vape enthusiasts will love the experience of using this truly luxuriant mod.
- Pros: Outstanding design; sturdy construction; luxe details.
- Cons: While it’s worth the investment, the price is on the higher end.
- Ideal for: Serious vapers who understand advanced mods and appreciate great design.
SMOK A-Priv 225W Mod
Light show? Vape mod? Why decide? This impressive mod is a little bit of both. You’ve got to see it to believe it!
Design-wise, the SMOK A-Priv 225W features an easy-to-grip ridged rectangular shape with rounded corners, a hinged bottom battery display, and a unique top display that shows stats while you’re vaping.
This mod makes it easy to personalize your vape experience with multiple fire methods that make it easy to choose the right hit. But let’s be honest: the coolest feature by far is the lightshow mode, which uses a variety of rainbow-hued LED lights that respond to music and sounds to make every vaping experience feel like a fireworks display.
- Pros: A durable model with multiple fire methods so you can personalize your experience; an impressive light display that is responsive to music.
- Cons: The case needs to be cleaned frequently to avoid fingerprints; any RDA larger than 24mm could hang off the edge; battery not included.
- Ideal for: Vapers looking for a high-quality yet unique mod at a reasonable price.
Smok ProColor 225W Mod
Now here’s a good-looking vape mod with some solid features. The SMOK ProColor 225W Mod features a simple yet pleasing design, with a rectangular body with ergonomically pleasing rounded edges. It comes in a variety of colors, so choose your favorite!
Within a fairly compact package, it packs plenty of nice features. A 1.3 inch OLED screen with an easy to use, intuitive interface makes it easy to monitor your settings, and a 12-color LED backlight makes it easy to customize a stylish display.
Some of the top features of this vape device include a generous 5mL vape juice reservoir, precision airflow control, a signature hinged top-fill system, and the super popular Baby Turbo Engines coil structure. This is a highly effective device that will not disappoint!
- Pros: Good looking; bright, clear display; generous tank size.
- Cons: Batteries not included.
- Ideal for: Users looking for a mid-level advanced mod at a solid price point.
Looking for the Best Mods for Clouds?
If you’re looking to create large clouds when you vape, you need a combination of a high-quality mod and the right vape juice. The SMOK Morph 219 Mod is a high-powered mod, so when combined with a high-VG vape juice, it’s ideal for cloud chasing.
Vaporesso GEN 220W Mod
The Vaporesso GEN 220W Mod is a well-designed vape with considerate features that make it a pleasure to use. To start, the textured rubber body is easy to grip, and the user-friendly interface is suitable for all levels of vape experience.
Key buttons are located on the side of the device, which makes it intuitive to use as your fingers will already be on the side anyway. An AXON chip helps control the temperature, but also allows you to make adjustments.
Another nice feature? A Power ECO mode that helps you extend the battery life, which is super handy when you’re on the go.
- Pros: Solid, easy to grip design;user-friendly interface.
- Cons: Lacks some advanced control features.
- Ideal for: Vapers who want an easy-to-use, powerful device with an intuitive design.
Vaporesso Revenger X 220W Mod
Vaporesso is one of the most popular mod manufacturers out there. This mod, which is the newest upgrade to their popular Revenger model, is a great example of why so many people love their products.
The Revenger X 220W Mod features a sleek yet sturdy design with nice details like tapered corners, a side click button, and a scrolling digital display and touch screen.
- Pros: A visually pleasing and user-friendly design; easy to use.
- Cons: While this is a great mod, it’s not a whole lot different from the prior Revenger model. So if you’re upgrading, don’t expect a lot of changes.
- Ideal for: Beginning vapers, or those who considered the original Revenger but never pulled the trigger.
Wizman Puff Boy 200W Mod
Form and function come together beautifully with the WizmanPuff Boy 200W Mod.
This unique mod has plenty of retro appeal: it’s fashioned to look like an old-school Game Boy. But its features are anything but old-school!
The mod has plenty of modern features, including 12 presets, 3 power modes, and a color display with 8-bit graphics. It comes in your choice of four color combos, including black, green, blue, and the classic grey with red buttons.
Comfortable to use and easy to adjust, this mod has enough power to make for a pleasurable vape experience. And its unique design is bound to be a conversation starter whenever you use it!
- Pros: Unique design; modern features like 12 presents and multiple power modes; tons of customization options.
- Cons: The retro design doesn’t lend itself to the modern display style; battery not included.
- Ideal for: Vapers who love cool design, but don't want to sacrifice function for form.
With the thousands of mods out there, it can be hard to make a decision about which one to choose. Even experienced vapers can get overwhelmed by the many different choices of mods on the market!
With this guide, we’ve whittled down the choices and pinpointed some of the most appealing features of some of today’s top mods...hopefully you’ve found one that you love!
Looking for something a little different? Check out our newest mods, pens, and kits here.
- Blazed Vapes Staff